This is the #1 question I get! How do I launch an app with a very, very, very limited budget?
Trust me I am 100% empathetic to those who are asking the question!
I was there in 2012 when I was making just a few hundred dollars from apps. I had no clue what I was doing. I knew how to make the apps but had no idea how to actually make money from them.
The problem is NOT that you have no money to market the app.
The problem is that you are spending the money on the wrong things. Or are not thinking outside the box.
Maybe you spent it all on development. Or you know how to code but hate marketing and don’t have any extra funds that you can pull from your full-time job.
I give you two simple ways you can launch an app on a budget.
1. Hustle – this blog post gives you all the strategies that we would execute for you and shows you exactly how to do it.
2. Have an abundance mindset – watch the video above to hear how a friend of mine was stuck in a situation where he did not have enough funds to pursue his “main” app and how finding a way to make money lead him to selling his old app portfolio for mid-five figures.
And this applies to those without an existing business.
Gary Vaynerchuk has a $20,170 flip challenge where he tells his audience to make $20,170 selling things on eBay that are either in your home or that you find at a garage sale.
I believe we have many opportunities in front of us, we just have to find them. If you feel like you don’t have enough money to hire an expert and you want to hire an expert then figure out a way to make more money. Do you have skills that others want to hire? Or are there things around the house that you can sell on Craigslist or eBay?
However, if you’re like me, and are more interested in hustling and figuring things out on your own, then here are all the various strategies that we would execute for you in chronological order from pre-launch to post-launch.
1. Know the App Launch Timeline
Here are some important dates that you must know to ensure a successful app launch.
What are the things you should be thinking about before you launch your app?
- How to Soft Launch iOS Games
- How a Cold Email to Apple Led to an App Store Feature
- 10 Killer Mobile App Monetization Strategies That Actually Work
- 7 simple ways to build rapport with influencers and reporters
- How We 5X Downloads Using ASO
- Become an App Store Optimization Expert by Watching These 5 Videos
- 7 Advance App Store Optimization Strategies
Here are things you should be doing a week before launch and during the week of launch.
- How to double your chances of getting covered by a big blog
- The complete guide to Product Hunt success
- 8 Easy App Marketing Wins You Should Be Doing Right Now
These are campaigns we would run shortly after launch or any time we needed to inject more cost-effective downloads.
- How to Generate 100K Downloads With An Apps Gone Free Campaign
- How to Find musical.ly Influencers for App Promotion
- ASO Strategy to Increase Keyword Ranking
- The Quick & Dirty Way to Get Quality App Store Reviews
Did we miss anything? Are you interested in seeing a strategy on here? Leave a comment below and we will create a blog post to answer your question.
Now I run an app marketing agency where we’ve helped 8 clients get featured by Apple, 5X downloads with ASO, and get coverage on Techcrunch, Mashable, Venture Beat and other major publications. I also write about apps on The Next Web, Entrepreneur.com, and on my blog AppMasters.co.
Latest posts by Steve Young (see all)
- How to Get Keywords Ranked on Google Play - February 14, 2018
- How to Write Killer Sales Copy to Increase Downloads - February 9, 2018
- Influencer Marketing on Instagram vs musical.ly vs Snapchat - February 7, 2018