Subscribe to the Show
About the Episode
What do you do when the technology needed for your idea to succeed hasn’t been created yet? Well I have Chris Barton, the co-founder and original CEO of Shazam to talk about the struggle and challenges during the early days of the widely popular app. Also, listen to the million dollar question that I ask Chris about the future of the mobile space. This is the interview that you don’t want to miss.
Shazam recognizes music and media playing around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly tag, and then explore, buy, share and comment. Tagging is unlimited, so use Shazam as much as you want.
Once you’ve tagged something, you can:
○ Buy from iTunes (and find others by the same artist)
○ Watch the videos on YouTube
○ Share tags on Shazam Friends
○ Use LyricPlay to sing along to streamed lyrics
○ Check out the artist’s bio and discography
– CCRMA: https://ccrma.stanford.edu/
– MIT Media Lab: http://www.media.mit.edu/
Now I run an app PR agency, Runway.bz, where we’ve helped clients get featured by Apple, hit the #2 paid app overall, and get coverage on Mashable, Venture Beat and other major publications. I also write about apps on The Next Web, Entrepreneur.com, and on my blog AppMasters.co.
Latest posts by Steve Young (see all)
- 5 Growth Hacking Strategies to Increase Your App Downloads - May 23, 2016
- 7 brutal truths that app creators need to face - May 18, 2016
- The lazy way to get started on any project - May 16, 2016